I just came across a list of 16 things it takes most of us 50 years to learn; the ones I liked the most are the following:
– There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is: age 11.
– There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.”
– People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
– If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be “meetings.”
– No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously.