Ten common rationalizations people in the Information Technology world turn to whenever their authority or professionalism is challenged.
They have been around as long as the modern computer and they transcend all cultural and industrial boundaries. What’s worse, they have proven to be quite effective.
1. Our problems are unique
2. We never seem to have enough time to do things right
3. You are stifling our creativity
4. System design is an art form
5. Technology will solve our problems
6. A DBMS is a prerequisite for data base
7. There is an infinite amount of data in an organization
8. Our company runs on data
9. Users own the data
10. Users don’t know what they want