This is one of those few forwards that are actually good. Thanks to my wife who forwarded it to me after she got it from a friend.
You know you’re an Arab when:
– Your mother yells at the top of her lungs to call you to dinner even if you’re in the next room.
– You arrive one or two hours late to a party and think it’s normal.
– You are standing next to the largest suitcases at the Airport.
– You talk for an hour at the front door when leaving someone’s house.
– You say bye 17 times on the phone.
– Your parents still scream at the top of their lungs when making long distance calls.
– Your relatives alone could populate a small city.
– You always say “open the light” instead of “turn the light on”.
– You’ve had a shoe thrown at you by your mother.
– When your parents meet strangers and talk for a few minutes, you discover they know one of your uncles back home.
– Your mother does everything for you if you are male.
– You do all the housework and cooking if you are female
– You refer to your dad’s friends as Amoo.
– You still came back home to live with your parents after you graduate.
– You have an endless supply of pistachios, dates, and pumpkin seeds. . .
– Your parents say you’re becoming westernized anytime you get into trouble.
– You curse at your teachers or strangers in Arabic.
– You have at least thirty cousins.
– You teach Westerners swearwords in your Arabic.
– Your parents want you to become a doctor or engineer.
– You use your forehead and eyebrows to point something out. . .
– Your parents drink 6 cups of tea a day.
– You can spot an Arab a mile away and they have spotted you because they keep staring.
– After a family meal, the women fight to the death over who should wash the dishes while the men sit on their behinds and discuss politics, waiting for their tea.