Inspired by Kottke, I’ve counted how many languages are used in my music collection and found the following.
– English: Most of the songs.
– Arabic: A lot of artists.
– French: A lot of artists.
– Italian: Eros Ramazotti, Zucherro, Laura Pausini…
– Spanish: Manu Chao, Shakira, Il Divo, Enrique Iglesias…
– Turkish: Tarkan and others.
– Urdu (Pakistani): Nusrat Fatah Ali Khan
– Hindu: Punjabi MC, and others…
– German: Mo-Do, Die Toten Hosen…
– Thai: I can’t remember the name of the guy. (I got his album when I was visiting Thailand.)
– Latin: Enigma, Era…
– Russian: Tatu
– Gaelic: Enya
– Portuguese: Nelly Furtado
– Chinese: Don’t really know the names.
I’m sure there are a lot more languages here and there in my music collection, but well these are the ones I found now.
How many languages can you find in your music collection?
Post your list or a link to your blog post in the comments.