I just came across an interesting article on Fast Company about the 6 myths of creativity. Their list goes as follows:
1. Creativity Comes From Creative Types
2. Money Is a Creativity Motivator
3. Time Pressure Fuels Creativity
4. Fear Forces Breakthroughs
5. Competition Beats Collaboration
6. A Streamlined Organization Is a Creative Organization
I totally agree; these beliefs that many people in management positions hold about creativity and what triggers it are simply wrong and have nothing to do with reality.
Even if they hold in one case or another, it’s obvious they are not the rule, and that there most probably were some other factors in the background that helped.
Check out the full article: The 6 Myths Of Creativity