I found this really interesting list of 10 ways you can avoid messing up your life; the list goes as follows:
1. Stop taking so much notice of how you feel.
2. Let go of worrying. It often makes things worse.
3. Ease up on the internal life commentary.
4. Take no notice of your inner critic.
5. Give up on feeling guilty.
6. Stop being concerned what the rest of the world says about you.
7. Stop keeping score.
8. Don’t be concerned that your life and career aren’t working out the way you planned.
9. Don’t let others use you to avoid being responsible for their own decisions.
10. Don’t worry about about your personality. You don’t really have one.
Personally, I agree with all the points above and do my best to apply them, although some are harder than others.
I guess a lot of people will find the last point a bit weird, and will be totally against it at first, but when you come to think of it, personality truly is something flexible and undefinable, it changes as we change as people.
For details on each point, read the full post: 10 simple ways to save yourself from messing up your life.