A list of 6 myths of creativity that were busted by a study held by Teresa Amabile, head of the Entrepreneurial Management Unit at Harvard Business School, and a team of PhDs, graduate students, and managers from various companies.
1. Creativity Comes From Creative Types
2. Money Is a Creativity Motivator
3. Time Pressure Fuels Creativity
4. Fear Forces Breakthroughs
5. Competition Beats Collaboration
6. A Streamlined Organization Is a Creative Organization
I totally agree with the results of this study and think that anyone running a company should really take them into consideration.
[Details: Fast Company]