Here is a number of wise Arab proverbs I came across that I thought I’d share here.
– Believe what you see and lay aside what you hear.
– A known mistake is better than an unknown truth.
– Call someone your lord and he’ll sell you in the slave market.
– The fool has his answer on the tip of his tongue.
– The wound that bleedeth inwardly is the most dangerous.
– The wound of words is worse than the wound of swords.
– A house divided cannot stand.
– Seek counsel of him who makes you weep, and not of him who makes you laugh.
– Only the tent pitched by your own hands will stand.
– Ask the experienced rather than the learned.
– Think of the going out before you enter.