The 10 golden rules for driving in Tunisia 😉
- Get in the car and make sure you don’t fasten your seat belt. ( It’s considered a bad habit.)
- Try to avoid looking in your side mirrors or front mirror. Mirrors in cars are made only to check on your appearance.
- Before you start your engine, make sure a car is passing by, And then start driving.
- Do not warn the drivers behind you of your intentions to stop, just step on the brakes and stop as suddenly as you possibly can.
- Remember to cross the traffic light only when it’s about to become red.
- If by any chance you see a friend, just stop in the middle of the road and greet him/her.
- Never honor stop signs, they are only there for decorative purposes.
- If you need something from the supermarket, double park making sure that no car will be able to find its way out.
- A one-way street is an idea foreign to our culture, don’t ever go by it.
- If you hit a car, don’t stop, just leave, and forget Anything happened.